Sisters of Mercy, Mourne Road, Drimnagh. Dublin 12
The Sisters of Mercy came to Mourne Road School in 1944. Over the years the sisters made an enormous contribution to the Drimnagh community. The order vacated the convent in 2006. In December 2006 the GNS organised a special event to celebrate the work of the sisters in the parish. An oak tree was planted on the school grounds facing the Convent of Mercy site to honour the Sisters. Many sisters who taught in Mourne Road as well as retired teachers and past pupils attended the ceremony in the school hall.